Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Martha Stewart Recipe I am trying for the first time and wanted to add the ingredients to my shopping list on this website.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs about 6 fresh parsnips, halved lengthwise
- 3⁄4 lb about 12 fresh thin carrot
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 4 pieces each
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- coarse salt, to taste
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in lower third. Place parsnips, carrots, bacon, and thyme in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with syrup; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Bake until bottoms of vegetables begin to caramelize and turn dark brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and toss vegetables carefully. Return to oven, and bake until all sides are well browned, about 25 minutes more. Discard bacon and thyme. Serve immediately.