Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Heres a new take on potatoes fron the maple producing areas of Canada. Enjoy.
- 3 lbs tiny new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Halve or quarter any large potatoes.
- In shallow dish large enough to hold potatoes in a single layer, toss potatoes with butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread in single layer and roast potatoes, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during roasting.
- Meanwhile, in small dish, stir together vinegar, maple syrup, and sliced garlic.
- Drizzle potatoes with vinegar mixture, gently tossing with a spoon or spatula to coat.
- Continue to roast about 10 to 20 minutes more, until potatoes are fork-tender and glazed, stirring once or twice.
- To serve, sprinkle potatoes with green onions, thyme, and lemon peel. Makes 6 servings.
Just the 2 of us here when I served these potatoes, so I cut the recipe back to 1/3 of the original! Now I wish I'd just cut it back by about half, because what little was left made for a great, cold snack! Definitely be making these again! Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These are wonderful! Very easy to make and would be a great side dish to any meal. I cut this down to 2 servings and used my chives for the garnish. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe. Made for PRMR 2011.