Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A tangy-sweet glaze for grilled chicken that my family enjoyed. From Betty Crocker.
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (your preference)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, mix together the maple syrup, mustard, and chives.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces on both with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill over medium heat with skin side up; cover and cook for 15 minutes; turn; cover and grill 20-40 more minutes, turning occasionally and basting with mustard mixture until chicken is done.
- Heat remaining mustard mixture to boiling; stirring constantly; boil 1 minute while continuing to stir.
- Serve sauce with chicken.
- Note: I put about 3 tablespoons of mustard sauce in a custard cup to use for basting.
- Then use the rest for the glaze.
- I like to keep them separate.