Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
My family really liked this.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup coarse cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, if desired
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, dissolve beef bouillon in hot water. Add remaining meat loaf ingredients; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan or shape mixture into 8x4-inch loaf in ungreased 12x8-inch (2 quart) glass baking dish.
- Bake 1-1/4 hours or until beef is thoroughly cooked in center and meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees. Remove pan from oven.
- In small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Brush top of meat loaf with glaze.
- Let stand, covered 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze.
This is the best meatloaf I have ever cooked and the best I have ever tasted! Thanks for posting.