Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fancy presentation for a simple vegetable. Looks very pretty on the plate.
Make and share this Maple Glazed Julienned Carrots With Steamed Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- Using a julienne peeler, julienne the carrots. I hold the large part of the carrot, and pull the peeler down the length of the carrot. Just keep peeling/julienning the carrots until you can't hold the carrot any more. The carrots will be long and spaghetti like. You will have a chunk left, just grate that for other uses, or discard.
- Prepare the asparagus: Trim the ends of the asparagus and wash. Peel the bottoms if they are tough.
- Bring some salted water to a boil in an asparagus steamer, or 12" saute pan with a lid.
- Cook the asparagus, covered, until tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Drain, and season with salt and pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- Meanwhile, bring some salted water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the carrots, and cook, covered, for 4-6 minutes, or until just tender crisp.
- Drain, and set aside. Melt the remaining butter in the saucepan, add the maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of white pepper. Add the carrots and toss.
- To serve: put a pile of the carrots on the plate, and lay 3 to 5 asparagus spears over the top.