Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard (75 mL)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (125 mL)
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar (75 mL)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (2 mL)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (15 mL)
- 6 -7 lbs ham, cooked
- to taste black pepper, coarsely cracked
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and hot pepper sauce in a pot. Bring to boil and reduce by half or until slightly thickened. Stir in soy sauce. Brush over ham.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Trim hard outer skin from surface of ham. Shave off the fat leaving about 1/4 inch (5 mm) layer. With a sharp knife make a cross hatch pattern over surface of ham.
- Place ham in roasting pan. Brush with more glaze and dust with pepper. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with more glaze, or until ham is cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Carve into slices for serving.
this was a little too much mustard for me...i tend to like my hams sweeter on the glaze...maybe next time I will try it with more maple syrup...