Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Great for holiday dinner
- 1 (10 -12 lb) smoked bone-in ham
- 1⁄2 cup fruit jam
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- fresh bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place ham on a roasting rack in a large roasting pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake rotating pan halfway through, 4 hours.
- For glaze: In a small saucepan, heat jam until liquified. Strain through a fine sieve into small bowl, discarding the solids. Stir in mustard, maple syrup rum and garlic.
- After the 4 hours baking time, remove the ham from the oven and brush with glaze. Continue baking the ham, glazing every 15 minutes until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham reaches 140°F (about 1 hour more).
- Remove from oven transferring to a carving board or platter. Garnish with bay leaves and kumquats.