Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely sweet beans! Cooking light.
Make and share this Maple Glazed green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups diagonally cut green beans, about 1 lb,cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated, peeled fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon grated, peeled ground ginger
- Place the beans in a large saucepan of boiling water, cook 5 minutes.
- Drain well, return to pan.
- Add 1/3 cup water and remaining ingredients, cook over medium low heat 10 minutes or until beans are tender.
This was pretty okay, but the maple flavour didn't really come through as I'd hoped. The ginger was pretty strong, and the soy sauce didn't seem to add too much to the dish. I halved the recipe and followed it to the T. Maybe I should try this with honey!
I was looking for a simple recipe to help us get though eating all my freshly grown green beans instead of just plain. I found this and thought I'd give it a try. So I picked some fresh beans and cooked them until almost done. I was tired and misread "maple syrup" and it became "honey" LOL. It didn't really matter because I happen to love honey. I wondered how it would come out since I didn't make it the way the recipe was written. But in fact it came out nicely :) Not overpowering like so many foods, but we could still taste the seasonings and the honey worked out just fine. The recipe was also simple to make. I will definitely make this again with honey and next time I will try it with the the maple syrup! LOL.
Loved this and my kids both cleaned their plates! Thank you for posting, this is definitely a keeper.