Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A trail mix of my own creation that my family absolutely loves. I love the smell the caramelized maple syrup makes in my house when I make this. The measurements are an approximation (as well as the servings!), use your good judgment and own taste when making. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter (Earth Balance is an excellent brand) or 2 tablespoons margarine (Earth Balance is an excellent brand)
- 1⁄3 cup plain unsalted almonds
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup pitted and chopped delgate dates
- 1⁄4 cup pitted and chopped medjool dates
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add almonds, walnuts and pecans to the butter and sprinkle salt on top. Sauté nuts until butter coats them and they begin to toast. (3 to 4 minutes).
- Add maple syrup (will bubble up) and sauté nuts until it begins to caramelize. (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle coconut on top of nuts and stir until well coated over all of the nuts.
- Remove skillet from heat and place nuts in large bowl.
- Stir in dates, cranberries, and sunflower seeds until well incorporated.