1/1 Photo of Maple Glazed Fancy Trail Mix
A trail mix of my own creation that my family absolutely loves. I love the smell the caramelized maple syrup makes in my house when I make this. The measurements are an approximation (as well as the servings!), use your good judgment and own taste when making. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (Earth Balance is an excellent brand) or 2 tablespoons margarine (Earth Balance is an excellent brand)
- 1/3 cup plain unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped delgate dates
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped medjool dates
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1Melt butter in skillet.
- 2Add almonds, walnuts and pecans to the butter and sprinkle salt on top. Sauté nuts until butter coats them and they begin to toast. (3 to 4 minutes).
- 3Add maple syrup (will bubble up) and sauté nuts until it begins to caramelize. (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- 4Sprinkle coconut on top of nuts and stir until well coated over all of the nuts.
- 5Remove skillet from heat and place nuts in large bowl.
- 6Stir in dates, cranberries, and sunflower seeds until well incorporated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Glazed Fancy Trail Mix
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g