Recipe by WiGal
From Family Circle and posting for safekeeping. Tender Delicata squash doesn't need to be peeled. Plus the stripes add a colorful accent. If you wish to reduce the sage go ahead.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I liked the sweetness of this squash; never having it before this was a great way to prepare it. I only had dried sage but it still gave the syrup/sauce a nice flavor. Made for Rookie Review Tag contest win.
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage leaf, packed
- 2 1⁄2 lbs delicata squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off squash ends, halve lengthwise, seeded and sliced into 1 inch half moons.
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup and sage, bring to simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes, set aside, covered.
- In a bowl, toss squash slices with olive oil and salt.
- Transfer to a a foil lined baking sheet in a single layer, bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Pour maple syrup mixture evenly on top of squash, bake 20 minutes more until squash is browned and tender.