Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can never have too many chicken wing recipes so here is one more. The cooking time doesn't include the marinating time because it is up to you how long you do it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 4 fluid ounces pure maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the pure maple syrup, chili sauce, onion, cider vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a shallow dish.
- Marinate the chicken wings for a minimum of 4 hour on the refrigerator, keeping covered and turning occasionally.
- Grill (broil), oven bake or barbecue the chicken wings until thoroughly cooked, basting occasionally.
I marinaded the wings overnight and tossed the marinade and made a sauce for basting of maple syrup and hot sauce when I found the wings were not "crispy" how we like them until this last basting. I cooked them in the oven and basted the last 10 minutes under the broiler ( but had the rack low and not close) Made for Beverage Tag