Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
While chicken breasts are a staple for me, I enjoy the deeper flavors imparted by thighs. This is a recipe I modified from Eating Well magazine that pairs that richness with a slightly sweet flavorful marinade and sauce. These are fabulous when marinated overnight, but you can go a short as two hours. The thighs can be cooked on an indoor or outdoor grill or broiled.
- Mix together all ingredients save the thighs in a resealable bag or non reactive container. Add thighs and seal. Marinade in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, prepare the cooking surface with a light coating of cooking spray. Remove the thighs from the marinade removing any excess.
- Place thighs on the grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees. Actual cooking time will vary depending on the type of grill chosen. Remove chicken to a serving plate.
- Place the marinade in a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to a low simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Generously brush the chicken with the sauce and serve.
This chicken was so good, even my picky dh enjoyed it. Made exactly as written. I marinaded the chicken for 24 hours. The chicken was so tender and very very flavorful. The color of the chicken was very dark, but it tasted amazing. I used skinless chicken thighs with the bone in. Thanks for sharing Toni. Made for What's on the Menu ? Tag Game 2015.
This was delicious. I switched the lemon to lime and added a bit of the zest. Will be making again for sure. Probably with double sauce for a bit more on my rice.
Everybody enjoyed these chicken thighs. They were so yummy. Thanks Toni :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game