Recipe by justcallmetoni
While chicken breasts are a staple for me, I enjoy the deeper flavors imparted by thighs. This is a recipe I modified from Eating Well magazine that pairs that richness with a slightly sweet flavorful marinade and sauce. These are fabulous when marinated overnight, but you can go a short as two hours. The thighs can be cooked on an indoor or outdoor grill or broiled.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
I loved this marinade! I got it marinated about 8 hours and I can't wait to see the flavor at 24 hours!! It was so good. Used bone-in, skinless thighs so it needed a little more time on the grill. Served with asparagus which was perfect. Thanks :)
- 4 skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, all visible fat removed
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced (medium sized)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients save the thighs in a resealable bag or non reactive container. Add thighs and seal. Marinade in the fridge for 2 to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, prepare the cooking surface with a light coating of cooking spray. Remove the thighs from the marinade removing any excess.
- Place thighs on the grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until a thermometer registers 165 degrees. Actual cooking time will vary depending on the type of grill chosen. Remove chicken to a serving plate.
- Place the marinade in a small sauce pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to a low simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Generously brush the chicken with the sauce and serve.