Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't wait to grill these up - they sound delicious!
- 6 whole chicken breasts (6-7 ounces each)
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml pineapple juice
- 1 whole pineapple, finely diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4.92 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- black pepper
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for several hours. Slice each chicken breast into six even pieces and thread onto a separate skewer.
- Combine the maple syrup, soy sauce, and pineapple juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and let it bubble up and reduce by about one-fourth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped pineapple, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Grill chicken kababs until nearly done. In last few minutes of grilling, baste them with the maple syrup mixture. Remove from heat and place on a platter. To serve, top the kababs with the pineapple salsa.
Just loved this, and I can see that amazing pineapple salsa on all kinds of yummy things! I followed the recipe, except I used sweet onion, as I had it on hand. The chicken is tasty and the pineapple salsa really makes it 'JUMP!' This could be easily fixed for a crowd. Greatest hit of the night: DS (8, and very picky) ate a whole skewer! Can't get better accolades than that! Thanks for sharing, Nancy's Pantry! :-)
This was simply divine! The sauce really definitely made the dish. After brushing it on the skewers, the chicken took on a beautiful color and sheen and had that wonderful grilled look and flavor, even though it was made on an electric grill. This is a keeper! Made and reviewed for 1-2-3- Tag Game