Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Add a little butter to maple syrup and presto-you've created a terrific glaze for your oven dinner. My family loves this! Very easy, tasty and not too sweet.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs meaty chicken pieces (breasts thighs and drumsticks 2 1/2-3 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cups vegetables (sliced or cut 1/2 inch thick, such as carrots potatoes sweet potatoes, rutabaga, turnips and or or p)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (or maple-flavored syrup)
- Skin chicken. Place chicken in a lightly greased shallow baking pan; brush with oil. Arrange sliced vegetables and onion around chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour broth over vegetables. Bake in a 425°F oven 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt margarine or butter. Stir in maple syrup; heat through. Brush mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and vegetables are tender, brushing frequently with maple syrup mixture.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan drippings; pass pan drippings with chicken.