Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Use real Grade A maple syrup.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 3⁄4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pecan, chopped
- In a non-stick skillet melt butter. Add carrots and stir to coat with butter. Add broth through pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 6 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring often until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze (about 12 to 15 minutes).
- Stir in pecans and serve.
- To reheat if prepared in advance, add 1/4 cup water and heat gentley until water evaporates.