Recipe by tornadoes three
This was very good. The only thing I added was a squeeze of lemon and some flour to thicken the glaze just a little. Bon Appetit
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 lbs carrots, peeled, cut on sharp diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick ovals (about 11 cups)
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 4 1/2 cups water, carrots, 4 tablespoons butter, sugar, and coarse salt in heavy large pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until carrots are just tender when pierced with knife, about 10 minutes.
- Drain. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead).
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add maple syrup and brown sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add carrots and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer carrots to large bowl.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.