Top Review by JustJanS
I've been looking for recipes to use my recipe swap maple syrup. It's grade A dark amber from Wisconsin, and I don't have a clue if that makes a difference to the recipe, but we all thought it was fantastic. It's hard to make carrots fantastic, but they were tonight. Thanks once again Dancer!
- 1 lb carrot
- 3 tablespoons vermont grade b dark maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, to taste
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil lightly salted water.
- Peel and slice the carrots into 1-inch pieces then blanch for 3 minutes.
- If not using immediately, put into ice water to stop cooking.
- When ready to use, drain well and add to a sauté pan into which all other ingredients have been added.
- Cook until heated through and the syrup has formed a glaze.