Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
- Boil lightly salted water.
- Peel and slice the carrots into 1-inch pieces then blanch for 3 minutes.
- If not using immediately, put into ice water to stop cooking.
- When ready to use, drain well and add to a sauté pan into which all other ingredients have been added.
- Cook until heated through and the syrup has formed a glaze.
I've been looking for recipes to use my recipe swap maple syrup. It's grade A dark amber from Wisconsin, and I don't have a clue if that makes a difference to the recipe, but we all thought it was fantastic. It's hard to make carrots fantastic, but they were tonight. Thanks once again Dancer!
Nice combination of flavors, and a beautiful side dish! Served it for Christmas dinner alongside green beans with bacon/onions, baked vegetable stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry/orange/ginger sauce, and turkey cooked on the rotisserie. I used petite baby carrots (not sliced) and did not add the salt. Since my other dishes were ready before the carrots, I had to finish them in the microwave. No problem--they were delicious with dinner as as leftovers. Thanks Dancer for another great recipe.
Excellent recipe! I bought a bunch of beautiful organic carrots at the market and decided I wanted to make glazed carrots. I made these..and..WOW.. they were DELICIOUS!!! I wasnt surprised though.. your recipes are always top notch :) Thanks! I'll make these again!