Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Nueske's Hillcrest Farm brand Canadian bacon recipe booklet. The booklet says the recipe was submitted by Abby Mandel. Their website is www.nueske.com
- 8 ounces sliced smoked Canadian bacon
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Combine syrup, brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice and salt in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Stir until mixed.
- When hot, add bacon slices and gently shake pan until the bacon slices are coated.
- Remove from heat and transfer bacon to serving platter.
- Brush with additional glaze.
- Serve immediately.
This is a favourite of ours. Nice, quick and delicious.
We loved the flavours this gave the bacon, I liked the lemon flavour that came through. I used Beehive streaky bacon and it took about 5 minutes to cook through. The ingredients caramelise in no time and leave the bacon lovely and 'sticky' great flavours. Thanks for sharing.