Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from Williams-Sonoma. It is delicious for brunch or scale the servings down to serve 8 for dessert. My addition to this recipe is using green tipped bananas. They are firmer and will hold their shape when cooked. I also tossed in the pecans and have listed them as optional.
Top Review by weekend cooker
GREAT TASTING Waffles !! I did use the rum extract, though. Loved the addition of the cinnamon too, and so easy to prepare too. Made for a perfect breakfast for the 4 of us. Made with recipe#290307, and made for a great combo. Made for Recipe Swap 42.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum (optional) or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 bananas, green tipped, peeled and cut diagnoally into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarse chopped (optional)
- 4 large waffles, warmed
- sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter with the maple syrup; stir in cinnamon, rum if using and vanilla; simmer 1 minute.
- Add the sliced bananas to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the bananas from the syrup mixture and place in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the syrup and allow to warm and glaze.
- Pour the syrup and pecan mixture over the bananas and stir gently.
- Serve immediately over warmed waffles and top with whipped cream.