Recipe by Nickeletta
For contact grill. Recipe by Steven Raichlen's book Indoor Grilling. Serving ideas: serve with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce or cinnamon caramel sauce.
- 4 bananas, almost fully ripe
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 -8 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to High.
- Leave skin on bananas, trim ends and cut in half lengthwise.
- Brush cut sides with maple syrup and generously sprinkle with brown sugar. Dust with cinnamon.
- Arrange bananas cut side up, on hot grill, prependicular to grill ridges. Close lid and cook 3-5 minutes until carmelized and fruit starts to pull away from the skin.
- Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with sauce.