Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is a delicious sweet glazed carrot dish cooked al dente. Cook the carrots longer if you want them softer.
- In a skillet add the carrots, broth, maple syrup, butter, salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes; cook for 5 minutes if you want a soft, candied-style carrot.
- Increase the heat to high; uncover the skillet and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the carrots are just tender and the liquid has been reduced to 2 tablespoons.
- Add in the vinegar and stir/sauté 1-2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to a glaze.
- Serve while hot.
Tasty and easy. I added a little more syrup and a little less vinegar. Coats really well! Pretty on the plate, too.
These were great with our roast chicken dinner. They would be great for Thanksgiving! Rich
This was a great hit at Thanksgiving. I used veggie broth so my vegetarian daughter could eat them and doubled the recipe using precut carrot "chips" which were very attractive and offered more surface area to hold that incredibly delicious glaze. Even those not crazy about cooked carrots loved these; perfect blend of sweet with tang and they also worked well to make ahead...just reheated in the oven after the turkey came out to rest.