Recipe by DailyInspiration
Looking for more simple vegetable recipes and this one really hits the spot. Love the idea of adding maple syrup to these delicious vegetables.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3/4 stick)
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the parsnips, butternut squash and acorn squash; stir to coat with the butter. Cover and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the vegetables and reduce heat to medium-low. cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 - 15 minutes more. Add the sage, thyme, maple syrup and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl, garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.