Recipe by MTpockets
Fresh apples keep these cookies moist and chewy. If you prefer you can either omit the maple extract in the glaze and add vanilla or just omit it all together. Either way their still delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups apples, peeled cored and chopped (choose an apple suitable for baking)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Cream together butter with sugar.
- Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, coriander and egg. Blend well.
- Stir in flour with baking soda and milk until well blended. Stir in apples.
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 400' for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are light brown and spread but not overly brown (Firm when cooled and touched)
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheets 1-2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack
- To make glaze: Stir together butter, powdered sugar, maple flavoring and milk to make a smooth glaze.
- Dot each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoons of glaze and spread to edges.
- Cool cookies and allow glaze to set before storing in an airtight container.