Recipe by Mirj
Top Review by Lorac
I was a bit wary of the of the ginger and mace working with the maple syrup and cinnamon. The result was so fantastic that I would heat the ingredients together and serve it as a pankcake or desert topping. Thanks, Mirj it's a wonderfull way to make baked acorn squash.
- 3 acorn squash (1 1/2 pounds each)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Cut top and bottom off squash.
- Slice crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out center seeds.
- Arrange squash in baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until bubbly; pour over squash.
- Bake, basting occasionally, until tender, 30 minutes.
- If squash needs browning, turn up heat in broiler; broil until lightly glazed.