Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the perfect autumn or winter recipe for those craving some warm, spiced pumpkin-y goodness. This pumpkin pie is sweetened with maple and molasses to give it a more complex flavour, with a slight bit more ginger and cloves than the classic recipe for some extra zest.
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (F)
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix in the liquids first, then the rest of the ingredients, making sure they are all combined thoroughly.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40 more minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean (the colour of the filling will be darker because of the molasses, but if the crust edge starts getting too dark put a ring of tinfoil over it while baking).
- Let cool for at least an hour.