Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 5 mins
MMMMMMM....this was created for RSC #10. I hope you enjoy this delicious cold treat! I have adusted the ginger & allspice as suggested...It is more subtle tasting now..thanks
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (sweet)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 1⁄8 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, crushed, sweet
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 tablespoon crystallized ginger, shredded
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- Blend, milk, coconut milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream, pineapple juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, crushed pineapple, crystallized ginger, ground allspice, brown sugar and maple syrup together.
- Freeze according to your ice cream makers instructions.
- This will make 1 quart.
The ginger and allspice could be cut down. I found the ice cream a bit gritty. My DH really didn`t like it at all and he picked this recipe to make. I love the idea of pineapple and ginger but amounts need to be worked on and the allspice could be omitted. Nice try! Thanks.