Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from the Nov 09 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. The flavor of ginger with the slight sweetness of maple syrup was wonderful. The tiny bit of cider vinegar cuts the sweetness, and really enhances the flavor.
- 3 lbs baby carrots
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (I substituted sugar free)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, combine carrots, water, ginger and margarine.
- Cover and cook on medium, for 15 minutes until carrots are almost tender.
- Add maple syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and heat to boiling.
- Boil 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until carrots are at desired tenderness and and coated with glaze.