Recipe by Gaia22
I love this recipe because it is so easy & yummy for any busy work day. Preparation time includes the minimum marinade time, but the marinade can be done before leaving for work in the morning. This is easily scaled to marinate any amount of salmon. I make this often just for myself with only 1 nice salmon steak. Just use the 2:1 ratio of maple syrup to soy sauce, then add enough garlic and black pepper to suit your personal taste. Goes well with rice, string green beans or peas, too.
- 1⁄2 cup real maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4-2 lbs salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, mix first four ingredients.
- Pour the marinade over the salmon in a baking dish, coat well.
- Flip the salmon to skin-side up, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or as long as all day. [I have pushed this to 'the night before'!].
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Flip the salmon back over to the skin side down.
- Bake salmon for 15 minutes, covered.
- Next, broil salmon for 5 minutes [remove cover], or until salmon is easily flaked with a fork.