Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just like Mom used to make! This is so easy to make, you won't believe it, but only real maple syrup works here.
- Put maple syrup and milk in heavy saucepan.
- Boil to the soft ball stage, or about 235 degrees on the candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Beat until mixture is creamy.
- Add nuts.
- Pour mixture into 8 inch buttered square pan and spread out evenly.
- Let cool until firm.
- Cut into pieces.
- Store in airtight container in a cool place.
Soooo good. Thank you! I was worried when I saw the milk curdle up and separate from the syrup even before it started to boil, but it all came out great at the end. I think I beat it too long, though. It hardened up so quickly that only half of the contents poured out. The rest just hardened right in the pan.
Yum! This was very easy to make and so good! I halved the recipe and used a 4x6 pan lined with wax paper. I got about 24 bite sized squares from that. They were the perfect size for something so sweet! Thanks for a great recipe, Nathalie, I will definitely be making these again!