Recipe by Olha
This recipe won 1st prize at Lakefield, Ont. 1979. Prizewinning Country Kitchen Recipes
Top Review by jackiemelanson8
This fudge was delicious, turned out perfect. I used the cold water in a cup to test for soft ball stage. No thermometer needed, my mother taught me that trick for cooking fudge, it works every time.
- 1 1⁄3 cups eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (not Evaporated)
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the nuts in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer slowly, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking mixture, stirring occasionally until it reaches soft ball stage or a temperature of 236°F Cool without stirring to a temperature of 110°F or until mixture feels warm.
- Beat until thick, add nuts and pour into buttered pie pan.
- Allow to set.