My favorite fall dessert! This comes from Jeanne Lemlin's "Quick Vegetarian Pleasures." Keep a bag of fresh cranberries in the freezer and you can make this all year long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium apples, peeled,cored & thinly sliced (any kind but not Delicious)
- 2 ripe and firm pears, peeled,cored & thinly sliced (Anjou, Bartlett or Comice)
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries or 2/3 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In large bowl, combine apples, pears, cranberries, raisins& maple syrup.
- 3Toss to coat well.
- 4Sprinkle on flour& toss again.
- 5Scrape fruit into 8x8 inch baking pan& smooth top.
- 6To make topping, combine flour, oats, walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon& salt in medium bowl.
- 7With fingertips, rub in butter bits until coarse crumbs form.
- 8Stir in maple syrup just until crumbs are evenly moistened (mixture will be a little gooey).
- 9With fingers, sprinkle mixture on top of fruit, breaking up any large chunks.
- 10Bake 40-50 mins.
- 11or until filling is bubbly& apples are tender.
- 12Serve warm (with some vanilla ice cream) or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Fruit Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.4
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 159.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 61.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g