Recipe by momaphet
This butter cream frosting has a light maple flavor. It goes perfectly on spice cake which is how I've eaten it since being a kid.
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sift if lumpy
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar and salt.
- Beat in butter, add syrup and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the milk a tablespoon at a time, beat until creamy, YOU MAY NOT NEED ALL THE MILK, or you may need to add extra, adjust until it is of spreadable consistancy.
- Makes enough to frost a 2 layer cake or a 9"x 13" cake.