Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
This butter cream frosting has a light maple flavor. It goes perfectly on spice cake which is how I've eaten it since being a kid.
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sift if lumpy
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Mix together sugar and salt.
- Beat in butter, add syrup and vanilla.
- Gradually add in the milk a tablespoon at a time, beat until creamy, YOU MAY NOT NEED ALL THE MILK, or you may need to add extra, adjust until it is of spreadable consistancy.
- Makes enough to frost a 2 layer cake or a 9"x 13" cake.
Great frosting! I used plain crisco and vanilla soymilk because of allergies but it came out delicious! Fluffy and sweet and thick! Thank you!
WOW! This was wonderful!! I made this and put it on Sweet Potato Cupcakes... sooooooooo good! They were the hit of the party! Thanks!
Oh, mom, this was great! I am a maple freak and used this on Recipe #63809. I'm sure it will taste great on spice cake, too. I'll try that next time. Will keep using this for year's to come. Thnx for posting, and for being such a good team mate in the Chic Chefs. Made for ZWT4.