Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy fall snacks!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon maple extract
- BATTER: Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a 15x10x1" jelly-roll pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy and smooth; scrape sides of bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add the pumpkin; blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually add the flour mixture just until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick tests out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the FROSTING: Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add enough maple extract for desired flavor and spreading consistency; frost cooled bars.
my kids and I can't get enough!! We love it!!!
I love these. The flavor of the bars without the frosting is awesome, too. Not too sweet, nice texture.
These are awesome! Really nice flavor without being too "pumpkiny". I tested these out on the people at work and they all raved. I have to make refreshments for my church's womens group (and they are all wonderful cooks) and I am adding these to the list. The only change I made was to use maple syrup in the frosting since I didn't have any maple extract. It still turned out great. Try this one, you won't be sorry.