Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake tester pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Spread with Maple Icing.
- Cut into bars.
- FROSTING: Thoroughly cream butter and sugar, adding maple syrup beat until light and spreadable.
- Frost and cut into squares.
- Garnish with chopped pecan if desired.
I wish I could give these more than 5 stars. They're amazing! The fact that you can use the beaters to mix the whole thing makes them so easy to prepare, and they really satisfy your sweet tooth! The frosting is definitely a must. I made these for dessert tonight, and my mom has already asked me for the recipe. I'll be making these again very soon!
Hey Jan, these bars were sooo good!! I wish I could give this recipe more than 5 stars, as that's how good they were. To spice up the bars a bit more, I added 1/2 teaspoon each, of ground ginger and ground cloves, after all, that's the other two spices found in a pumpkin pie, and since this is made w/canned pumpkin, I thought those two spices would work well in this recipe. When I made the frosting, I found I had to add 8 Tablesponns of the maple syrup, but I also think one could add 9 if need be. The next time I make these bars tho, I'm also going to add a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Maple Flavoring to the frosting to give it a bit more of maple flavor. I'm not sure how many nuts I topped these bars with; I just sprinkled on how much I wanted, and I lightly tapped them into the frosting with the tips of my fingers, so they would not fall off when removing from the pan. One other thing I wanted to mention here, I found this recipe makes 24 bars rather than 45. Jan, thank you so much for posting this recipe, I know my family's going to just love these bars.
I wish I could give this more than 5 stars too! It was a perfect mix of everything (made exactly to recipe), resulting in moist, delicious, spongey bars which were beautiful on their own but the frosting made them perfect. Yummy, I can't wait to eat the rest later...