Top Review by Kree
I wish I could give these more than 5 stars. They're amazing! The fact that you can use the beaters to mix the whole thing makes them so easy to prepare, and they really satisfy your sweet tooth! The frosting is definitely a must. I made these for dessert tonight, and my mom has already asked me for the recipe. I'll be making these again very soon!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in pumpkin.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cake tester pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Spread with Maple Icing.
- Cut into bars.
- FROSTING: Thoroughly cream butter and sugar, adding maple syrup beat until light and spreadable.
- Frost and cut into squares.
- Garnish with chopped pecan if desired.