1 hr 15 mins
The flavors of autumn captured for any time of year. A delicious cake from years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove (use up to 1/2 teaspoon if you like a stronger clove flavor)
- 2 1/2 cups applesauce (either store-bought or your own recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine (if using margarine, not spread or tub product) or 1/2 cup Crisco, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisin (sultanas)
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a bundt pan.
- 3Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
- 4Add applesauce, butter or shortening, and eggs; beat for three minutes.
- 5Stir in nuts and raisins.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- 7Let stand for ten minutes; invert onto a cooling rack to complete cooling.
- 8For the frosting:.
- 9Heat butter in a small saucepan until lightly golden brown, taking care not to scorch.
- 10Stir in maple syrup, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- 11Heat and beat until frosting is smooth.
- 12Frost cake and garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Frosted Applesauce Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2048 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6029.4
- Calories from Fat 1748
- Total Fat 194.3 g
- Saturated Fat 95.8 g
- Cholesterol 789.0 mg
- Sodium 6723.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1056.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 48.7 g
- Sugars 618.2 g
- Protein 72.5 g