Recipe by love4culinary
wonderful twist on french toast! The syrup is in the toast :-)
Top Review by najwa
This is wonderful! I used French Bread cut into 0.5" slices, so it did not need soaking for a long time .. I also added a little sugar because my husband likes his french toast sweet .. thanks for sharing this recipe, I will make it again!
- 4 slice bakery white bread, sliced to 1 inch thickness
- 2 large eggs
- 28.39 ml real maple syrup
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml fresh-grated nutmeg
- 0.25 ml salt
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, for cooking
- fresh berries, for serving
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- First allow your sliced bread to sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to allow the surfaces to dry out.
- In a wide bowl, beat your eggs with your maple syrup until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Beat in the milk, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
- Place your bread slices in the mixture and allow them to soak in the mixture for approximately 5 minutes until saturated well.
- Next you will want to preheat your skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- Once your butter has melted reduce your heat to medium-low and saute bread slices for about 5-6 minutes per side, making sure that you flip each slice over every 2 minutes or so to make sure that they brown evenly.
- You may have to cook in 2 batches if you use a smaller skillet.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and place random berries around the plate for a nice look and tasty meal.