1/3 Photos of Maple French Toast
wonderful twist on french toast! The syrup is in the toast :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First allow your sliced bread to sit at room temperature for approximately 1 hour to allow the surfaces to dry out.
- 2In a wide bowl, beat your eggs with your maple syrup until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- 3Beat in the milk, vanilla, nutmeg and salt.
- 4Place your bread slices in the mixture and allow them to soak in the mixture for approximately 5 minutes until saturated well.
- 5Next you will want to preheat your skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- 6Once your butter has melted reduce your heat to medium-low and saute bread slices for about 5-6 minutes per side, making sure that you flip each slice over every 2 minutes or so to make sure that they brown evenly.
- 7You may have to cook in 2 batches if you use a smaller skillet.
- 8Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and place random berries around the plate for a nice look and tasty meal.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.7
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 269.5 mg
- Sodium 541.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 14.2 g