Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from the Student's GO VEGAN Cookbook. You'll never say you hate brussels sprouts again! Recipe serves 2, but can easily bee doubled or tripled.
- 6 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a sauce pan of water to boil, add salt and brussels sprout.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add carrats and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until veggies are crisp/tender.
- Sprouts should be bright green.
- Drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Warm olive oil over medium heat.
- Add veggies, salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and stir to coat.
What a great way to have brussels sprouts! We all loved them and they will be made again and again! Thank you!
I always enjoy finding yet another recipe that dresses up Brussels sprouts, & this is definitely one of them! Enjoyed the use of the syrup although I'll admit that I used a bit more than suggested! Thanks for sharing a great keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in my vegan group in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap]