Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Adapted from the Student's GO VEGAN Cookbook. You'll never say you hate brussels sprouts again! Recipe serves 2, but can easily bee doubled or tripled.
- 6 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a sauce pan of water to boil, add salt and brussels sprout.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add carrats and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until veggies are crisp/tender.
- Sprouts should be bright green.
- Drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Warm olive oil over medium heat.
- Add veggies, salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and stir to coat.