Being from Quebec (Canada) (where we have a lot of Maple trees!), I just love anything that contains maple syrup. These muffins sound divine!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 12 pecan halves
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mix milk, butter, syrup and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Top each with a pecan half.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes (or until muffins test done).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- After cooled, mix sugar and syrup for glaze; drizzle over muffins.