Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Neat combo of flavors. Modified from one of Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade recipes.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Mix turkey, applesauce, bacon, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper together gently with hands. Form into 4 burgers and place on waxed paper on a plate.
- Mix mayonnaise, maple syrup, and mustard with a whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat grill or skillet. Brush burgers with vegetable oil to reduce sticking. Because these are fairly "soft" burgers [no filler], I like to cook on a perforated grill sheet on my grill to make them easier to turn and handle. Cook 4-5 minutes per side over medium heat, or until done. Toast buns on grill while second side cooks.
- Put burgers on buns with lettuce and tomato. Spread with maple dijon sauce to taste.
I love these! Sandra Lee is awesome and this is definitely a staple burger recipe in my house! We love them!!
These were so tasty! I made these during my OAMC day and I made the patties ahead and froze them. I baked them in the oven and then made the sauce to go on top. I served these with Sweet Potato Fries