Recipe by sharflan
The Maple Dijon dressing is the ticket here! (It’s also a perfect marinade for chicken or pork) Both refreshing and filling, this salad is just right. Great as an appetizer or as a meal on it’s own!
Top Review by Quiltingqueen
This was pretty good! There's only 2 of us, so I halved the recipe for the dressing but I probably should have fourthed it. We had about 1/2 cup left over. The dijon makes it a little spicy almost...but good. I didn't have red onions, so I used green onions, but I think I wouldn't do that again...the flavor of the onions didn't mix well with the dressing in my opinion.
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 1⁄4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 1⁄4 cups Baby Spinach, torn
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, matchstick cut
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mandarin orange pieces
- 1⁄3 cup pecans (whole or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- cooked chicken (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Be sure to wash the fruits and vegetables and dry on paper towels before cutting.
- In a large bowl, mix your salad greens.
- Sprinkle the carrot, red onion, apple and mandarin orange pieces over the top (they can be mixed in if desired).
- Sprinkle your salad with the pecans and sesame seeds.
- For the dressing, in a shaker bottle, add the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Shake well.
- Pour desired amount over your salad.
- * Top with chicken pieces if desired.