Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The Six O’Clock Scramble
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup (or a combination of the two) or 1⁄3 cup honey (or a combination of the two)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- paprika, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the chicken pieces in a glass oven-safe dish.
- In a measuring cup, mix all the remaining ingredients together except the paprika.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and turn the chicken pieces in the sauce a couple of times, ending with the skin side up.
- Sprinkle paprika liberally over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes (some ovens may take a little longer, so check for doneness after 45 minutes), then broil it for an additional 5 minutes to brown the tops.
Made this with the honey instead of the maple syrup. It was easy and delicious
I made this a long time ago, but never reviewed it. Very tasty and easy marinade. I like the sticky-sweet, but hubby wasn't crazy about the maple. Honey would have been better. I'll try it that way next time.