Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is enough for 12 cupcakes...came from Country Living February 2006
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
MAPLE BUTTER FROSTING
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- blend sugar, butter, vanilla and maple flavoring on medium speed till well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, blend well after each addition.set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt in mixing bowl.set aside.
- Combine milk and syrup together.
- In seperate bowl, add flour and syrup alternately into sugar mixture -- beginning and ending with flour.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes or done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove to rack.
- to prepare FROSTING:.
- blend 2 tbls butter, 3 tbls maple syrup, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp maple flavoring.
- on medium speed for 1 minute.
- gradually blend in powdered sugar till smooth and creamy.
- Yield 12 cupcakes.