Recipe by Sharon123
Cereal with all the good things in it! A great way to start the day! Adapted from Country Living magazine(Feb.2006)
Top Review by Starrynews
I loved the blend of flavors - lovely bits of sweetness with the dried cranberries. The nut mixture was an excellent touch and helped to make this oatmeal so filling. The only change I may make in the future is to cut down on the amount of oatmeal - I was already filled up only halfway through my bowl! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, plus
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups cooked oatmeal, kept hot
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven to 375*F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper(or parchment paper). Mix the nuts, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter and 3 tbls. maple syrup in a medium bowl, and spread in a single layer on the prepared pan. Stirring every 5 minutes to evenly coat, bake until mixture is fragrant and toasted-about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Stir the cranberries and the remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup into the oatmeal.
- To serve, pour 1/4 cup milk over each serving and top with the maple glazed nuts. Enjoy!
- If you like, make only the glazed nuts, and triple the batch and keep on hand to eat alone. Store in an airtight container.