1/1 Photo of Maple Crisp Pie
This is a delicious free-form apple pie with a light, buttery crust. The crust ingredients didn't come together when I mixed them so if this happens to you, add a few tablespoons of ice water. It will then hold together beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes and chilled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 3Cut in the butter until the mixture has the texture of coarse meal.
- 4Stir together the sour cream and maple syrup and add them to the dough, mixing until it just comes together.
- 5Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- 6While the dough is chilling, peel and slice the apples.
- 7Toss with the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- 8On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4" thick.
- 9Slide the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 10Place the apples and all the syrup into the centre of the pastry.
- 11Dot with the butter.
- 12Fold the crust over the apples in 5 folds, leaving some of the filling visible.
- 13Brush with the egg wash and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the crust is brown and the filling is bubbling.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Crisp Pie
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.8
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 123.4 mg
- Sodium 259.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g