Recipe by Whisper
I found these delicious cookies in Cookies! A Cookie Lover's Collection. They're soft and so good! Truly a comfort food. Prep time includes chilling.
Top Review by Studentchef
These were really good. Although they were soft and chewy the firt day, they were only slightly chewy the following days. I had trouble making crescents so I made the rest round.
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, butter and maple extract.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour.
- Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Shape heaping teaspoons dough into crescent shapes.
- Place crescents 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely.
- In small mixing bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the milk.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pipe or drizzle glaze over crescents.
- Let dry completely before storing.