Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found these delicious cookies in Cookies! A Cookie Lover's Collection. They're soft and so good! Truly a comfort food. Prep time includes chilling.
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- In large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, butter and maple extract.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour.
- Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill 1 to 2 hours, or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Shape heaping teaspoons dough into crescent shapes.
- Place crescents 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely.
- In small mixing bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the milk.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pipe or drizzle glaze over crescents.
- Let dry completely before storing.
These were really good. Although they were soft and chewy the firt day, they were only slightly chewy the following days. I had trouble making crescents so I made the rest round.