Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my Aunt - an easy and delicious cookie with a kick of maple flavor.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs, hot water and vanilla and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Fill two of these cooled cookies with maple frosting.
- (Make maple frosting using any plain frosting with a bit of maple syrup or maple flavoring added.) Stick the 2 cookies together Oreo-style.
I was out of just about everything except for a few staples and I had a husband and daughter with a sweet tooth... it was cold and I wasn't venturing out for groceries if I didn't have to, which is how I happened upon this little gem! It's easy, quick, and satisfies even the meanest sweet tooth! I'm keeping it in my arsenal for sure!